Monday, April 7, 2008

INTRODUCTION

Hello! The purpose of this website is to keep those interested up to date on my adventures during my year in the Horn of Africa without me clogging your email inbox.

Of course, feel free to send me emails and let me know how you are doing. Oh yeah - care packages will be gladly accepted as well! Here is where you can ship them (effective 5 May):

LTJG Mike Vicory
PSC 831, CCO
FPO AE 09363-9998

Also, in case you wanted to know about where I was going, the folks at the Central Intelligence Agency (while not good at actual intelligence) have prepared a dandy fact sheet on Djibouti. To sum it up, it is hot, small, and borders Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea in Eastern Africa. It is at the gulf of the Red Sea and directly across from the Arabian Peninsula (Yemen, Saudi Arabia, etc.). Hence its importance!

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/dj.html




No comments: