Sunday, June 1, 2008

May 27 - June 1

For the first time since I have gotten to Djibouti, I am starting to feel normal again. I am actually starting to develop a routine: work at 0800, lunch at 1130, back to work at 1230, dinner at 1730, back to work at 1830, back to the CLU to watch a DVD by 2100. I spent most the week going through contract files and trying to get my arms around the process here. The Translator contracts are going to prove to be my biggest challenge. I still have a lot to learn, but I am feeling a lot better now than I was a few weeks ago.

I have to say there are some real bright folks in my office. A Marine Captain came in at the same time I did, and he is real knowledgeable. It is nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. One of the Air Force Captains is a riot. Every Sunday she brings an inappropriate movie to the office that we watch. This week it was American Psycho. On most nights, she, the XO the Marine Captain and I will hit the Cantina for a beer or two (in case you did not know, in Djibouti we are allowed to have three beers per day - a great way to cool down in the extreme Djiboutian heat).

The highlight of the week was an office field trip into Djibouti City for dinner. The Air Force Captain was a 1st Lieutenant until today, so we went out to celebrate her promotion.

PICTURE OF THE WEEK: Contracting Office trip out in Djibouti City.

No comments: